9 February, 2015
Poha – An Indian Snack you are going to love
Nutritious poha is a much-admired Maharashtrian snack. Generally, it is made for breakfast yet of late it is cooked for supper as well. This healthy cuisine involves basic tempering and it takes only 10-15 minutes to cook. Cleaved green coriander leaves and, sour and succulent lemon flavor adds astonishing fervor and aroma to poha.
Although known as a breakfast recipe off late Poha has become quite popular all across India as a anytime snack because of its easy and fast cooking attributes. Since it is quite high on the nutrition index parents do not mind feeding their kids with this snack a number of times during the day.
On the off chance, if you are new to cooking then this simple recipe is best for you to make. In case you are someone who is exceptionally occupied and are fascinating by quick meal options then this recipe is for you. Let’s get on with this food feast and make this zingy wholesome cuisine.
Ingredients for Poha:
|Poha (pressed rice)||3-4 cups|
|Sliced Onions||2 (medium sized)|
|Chopped Green Coriander||1 cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||2-3 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
Directions to prepare Poha:
- Soak the poha (Beaten or Pressed Rice) in water. Wash & drain all the water.
- Heat oil and put mustard seeds. Add turmeric powder, curry leaves , peanuts after the mustard seeds produce crackling sound.
- Sauté them for a minute and then add onions. After a minute or two, when the onions turn soft add poha.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Keep it at low flame for 4-5 minutes. Add lemon juice and green coriander leaves after it cools down a bit.
- Garnish it with sev or bhujia and serve a healthy tasty lip smacking resipe for breakfast.